Read our blog for news and product announcements!
Connect With Us
1. Can I find everything on your website at your retail store in Renton?
No. Please contact us directly via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or phone (425-277-7670) to inquire about specific items.
2. Can I pick up my online order at your retail location?
Yes. Please select the free "In-Store Pickup" shipping option. We will notify when your order is ready. This usually takes 5-7 days.
3. Are the prices on your website the same that I will find in your store?
Not necessarily. We are able to offer different online prices for some products due to differences in costs incurred when making products available online versus in our store.
4. Do you ship outside of the United States?
We do not ship internationally. We apologize for any inconvenience.
5. When will my online order ship?
Most orders ship within 48 hours. We will contact you should an issue arise.
6. If you run out of an item I order online, will it be backordered or will my order be edited?
If we cannot fill your order exactly as placed, we will contact you by phone or email to discuss alternatives.
7. What is your policy on livestock substitutions?
We do not substitute species, colors, or sizes without your consent.
8. Do you include heat packs or ice packs in your shipments?
Yes. We include seasonally appropriate temperature modifying packaging at no additional charge.
9. Will you ship livestock during bad weather?
Should extreme temperatures put the livestock at risk, or if there is concern that the carrier will not be able to deliver your livestock in a timely manner due to inclement weather, we will delay your shipment. We will contact you if we feel this is necessary.
10. Am I paying a packing or box charge?
11. How will I receive my order tracking info?
You will receive an email with your tracking number. You may then enter this number at the carrier’s website in order to track your shipment.
12. Where is your store located?
We can be found behind Impressions Dentistry, which is located at the south end of the parking lot. Look for our signs which will guide you to our door.
13. What types of quarantine practices do you use?
We have spent many years learning how to purchase quality marine life. By carefully choosing where we get our fish and corals we minimize problems with disease. We constantly examine our livestock for problems and quarantine any that show signs of disease. All SPS corals are treated for red bugs, flat worms, and nudibranchs before entering our systems. We also use UV sterilizers and ozone to kill as many free floating pathogens as possible. Barrier Reef Aquariums will not ship an animal that is showing symptoms of disease, but we still encourage our customers to utilize proper quarantine and dipping practices before introducing their purchases to their tanks.
14. When do you receive new fish and coral?
We receive new shipments throughout the week.
15. Do you guarantee your products and what is the return process?
Please see our "Guarantees" page for warranty and return info.
16. Does your website represent actual items that are in-stock at your facility?
No. Only our WYSIWYG sections are representative of what is in -stock at our store. While we do maintain a large inventory of livestock, equipment, and supplies it would be impossible for us to warehouse everything we offer online. Many dry goods ship directly from our suppliers. If we, or our supplier, are ever out of an item that is ordered we will contact you to discuss any possible shipping delays. Canceling and refunding the order is always an option. Any livestock that has to be ordered to fill an order is always held for observation before your order is shipped, and we will contact you to discuss whether or not this delay is acceptable.
17. Why do you ship signature required?
We require a signature on all shipments to protect against fraud and theft. It also ensures that livestock shipments will be unpacked and acclimated immediately. Please track your shipment and be present to receive it.
18. Why do you only ship to PayPal Seller Protection Addresses?
This is the only way to ensure we will be protected from fraudulent chargebacks.