Connect With Us
1. Can I find everything on your website at your retail store in Renton?
No. Please contact us directly via email (email@example.com) or phone (425-277-7670) to inquire about specific items.
2. Can I pick up my online order at your retail location?
Please make arrangements by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
3. Are the prices on your website the same that I will find in your store?
Not necessarily. We are able to offer different online prices for some products due to differences in costs incurred when making products available online versus in our store.
4. Do you ship outside of the United States?
We do not ship internationally. We apologize for any inconvenience.
5. When will my online order ship?
We ship Monday through Thursday. Most orders ship within 48 hours. We will reach out to you to schedule your delivery.
6. If you run out of an item I order online, will it be back ordered, or will my order be edited?
If we cannot fill your order exactly as placed, we will contact you by phone or email to discuss alternatives.
7. What is your policy on livestock substitutions?
We do not substitute species, colors, or sizes without your consent.
8. Do you include heat packs or ice packs in your shipments?
Yes. We include seasonally appropriate temperature modifying packaging at no additional charge.
9. Will you ship livestock during bad weather?
Should extreme temperatures put the livestock at risk, or if there is concern that the carrier will not be able to deliver your livestock in a timely manner due to inclement weather, we will delay your shipment. We will contact you if we feel this is necessary.
10. Am I paying a packing or box charge?
11. How will I receive my order tracking info?
You will receive an email with your tracking number. You may then enter this number at the carrier’s website in order to track your shipment.
12. Where is your store located?
We can be found behind Impressions Dentistry, which is located at the south end of the parking lot. Look for our signs which will guide you to our door.
13. What types of quarantine practices do you use?
We have spent many years learning how to purchase quality marine life. By carefully choosing where we get our fish and corals we minimize problems with disease.
Fish - We have one supplier that preconditions the fish they send us for a minimum of one week. We also buy many captive bred/raised species that arrive preconditioned and ready to sell. As needed, wild fish are treated for internal worms, flukes, bacterial infections, and parasites. Our regimen does not completely guarantee that parasites like Ich and Oodinium are gone, but it greatly reduces the risk of them being a problem. The clownfish are treated for Brooklynella, for two weeks, whether they show signs or not. This has proven very effective in preventing them from succumbing to Brook, which is a common problem with captive bred clownfish. We constantly examine our livestock for problems and employ a prolonged quarantine for any fish that show signs of disease.
Coral - All corals are dipped and inspected for pests like red bugs, flat worms, and nudibranchs, spiders, and sun dial snails before entering our systems.
Barrier Reef Aquariums will not ship an animal that is showing symptoms of disease, but we still encourage our customers to utilize proper quarantine and dipping practices before introducing their purchases to their tanks.
14. When do you receive new fish and coral?
We receive new shipments throughout the week.
15. Do you guarantee your products and what is the return process?
Please see our "Guarantees" page for warranty and return info.
16. Does your website represent actual items that are in-stock at your facility?
No. Only our WYSIWYG sections are representative of what is in -stock at our store. While we do maintain a large inventory of livestock, equipment, and supplies it would be impossible for us to warehouse everything we offer online. Many dry goods ship directly from our suppliers. If we, or our supplier, are ever out of an item that is ordered we will contact you to discuss any possible shipping delays. Canceling and refunding the order is always an option. Any livestock that has to be ordered to fill an order is always held for conditioning/observation before your order is shipped, and we will contact you to discuss whether or not this delay is acceptable.
17. Why do you ship signature required?
We require a signature on all shipments to protect against fraud and theft. It also ensures that livestock shipments will be unpacked and acclimated immediately. Please track your shipment and be present to receive it.
18. Why do you only ship to PayPal Seller Protection Addresses?
This is the only way to ensure we will be protected from fraudulent charge backs.